Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Huge Sale at CVS: Revlon and Rimmel Swatches + FOTD


So it seems like CVS is just going crazy with those 75% off stickers this week! So I picked up a couple things from their beauty wall...

Revlon Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick in in VaVa Violet:

Revlon VaVa Violet: 2 coats applied over
Too Faced Lip Insurance
Revlon VaVa Violet: 2 coats applied over
Too Faced Lip Insurance; more direct sunlight

































     
     Alright, so this stuff is definitely a little splotchy and uneven as you can see in the 2nd photo of me; not so noticeable indoors luckily. If I pat it on via a much lighter application, the splotches are not noticeable. But for about $1.25 I experience minimal regret from the purchase of this product. Would I buy it at its full price of ~ $7? Nope, too splotchy.
   However, it is a gorgeous color IMO. People with blue or grey eyes look awesome with purple colors on their face. But (don't get mad at me yet brown, green, hazel, etc eye colored people!) I believe anyone with a sort of cool or neutral skin tone could really pull this cool, vampy violet off. I hear NARS has a better dark violet colored lipstick. Not in my price range ATM, though. haha.
   Now to find a good purple eye shadow. (help)




Now I've got Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD Quad Eye Shadow "English Rose":

Indoor Lighting for Rimmel English Rose eye shadows

Outdoor Lighting for Rimmel English Rose eye shadows

These eyeshadows have freaking awesome color payoff. They don't have individual names; but I swatched each one on my arm. Notice how I swatched each color 2x. The 1st of each color is over bare skin and the 2nd is over NYX eyeshadow primer (which I love).

Note: My camera was unable to capture the opacity and beauty of the colors, but they definitely look amazing. YES I WOULD buy again. Got 'em for ~ $0.99. Although I would willingly have bought these at their full price of ~ $5.99.
     Another Note: I rinsed my arm and sort of scrubbed; the eyeshadows applied over the primer stayed firmly put (YAY!). While the ones over just bare skin washed off.


In my face photos above, I am wearing the quad's eyeshadows. I did nothing fancy, just a quick FOTD and even used the sponge applicator rather than my lovely brushes. Yeah I was that rushed! lol.

Anyway, happy wednesday, anyone who happens to read this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment